Table of contents
No headings in the article.
Phew! This is um, gonna be quite interesting.
Disclaimer: I'm not a copywriter, so there will be a few mistakes in the article (subtle warning) 😉
I will not sound like those fake 'Gurus' and will dive all into the strategy.
About the store: It is a small store, NOT A DROPSHIPPING STORE but a traditional store that we set up previously made the client go online, did set up the Shopify, the ads and everything. The client wasn't sure if we could make it and he was quite happy with making $10-12K a month and then was it.
When we took over the cost per purchase was anywhere between $12-15 It was good, but considering the margin was less he was only surviving and making profits on the edge just because people used to buy 2-3 so the average order value used to shot up, things to notice (1) Low Average Order Value.
We then had a look at the emails, as email now brings a lot of revenue for free, and realized that it has a list of 4K emails that were never used, things to notice (2) Unused list of emails.
We then saw other aspects of the business, if it's getting organic clicks or anything sort of that. Turned out that it is getting some traction on Google. We then decided to hook them up on Google Merchant Centre for free listings and got them approved in just a day, things to notice (3) Opportunities for free sales using Google
Deciding to start the paid advertising, we asked the client what is the budget you'll be spending going forward and got approval for just $200 a day. Fair enough to start. To be very honest, I'm someone who likes to test and then scale very fast (either it's vertically or horizontally) so $200 a day seemed like a challenge to me, but then CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Fast forward, started working on getting the ads ready and everything set up. Two days down the line Google was up and installed Pixel as well.
In the first week of July, we started the ads.
Day 01: 3 Copies each in an ABO: (I still don't believe in CBOs) for a total of $50 a day and a CTR of 1.9ish. Got some sales here and there with a ROAS of 3 making $150 to $170 - NOT HAPPY.
Day 02: Launched more cold interests: and waited for them to approve, realized that the CTR was picking up but still very poor (around 2.3)
Day 03-04: Thought of working on Google Free Listings: and started to work on it thinking that I should give some time to Facebook to settle things down.
Day 06: Now the pixel has some warm data, launched: a ton of retargeting audience after a lot of filters, tested them and launched a ton of cold interests.
Day 07: Disabled poor-performing ones: and scaled others. Launched more Ads and scaled horizontally
Day 10: Added some magical audiences: and the ROAS picked up to 15X alone. Scaled them up to $200 using ABOs and a combination of CBO's also optimized the free listings on Google so that we can generate some from there as well, and it did work.
Day 10: Last but not least, worked on emails: and email automation flows to get custom winback and recurring sales.
This is how we managed to cross 100K, I'll not share the exact strategies but you can always book a call by clicking here and I'll be happy to help. Or just email hello at nikhil dot pro